- Students will recognize art of the past and present.
- Students will discuss how art of the past can tell about its creators.
- Students will discuss how art can represent a group of people and their way of life.
- Students will view and discuss a variety of art from different cultures.
- Students will identify and use these elements of art:
line, shape, space, texture, color, value, and form.
- Students will identify and use the principle of design: balance (symmetrical and asymmetrical).
- Students will be able to:
--artistically create and express their product though writing or speaking
--select a favorite art piece and express their choice through writing or speaking.
- Students will use examples of symbols in portraits, illustrations, and architecture.
- Students will express themselves through a variety of media, both two- and three-dimensional: painting, drawing, sculpture, printmaking, textiles.